Since 2010, SOS Villages d’Enfants Monde has an Education towards Development department approved by the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs and responsible for educating the general public on the rights of the child.
Our goal is to create a true movement about the matter of children’s right to allow everybody to contribute and for so that all children, without exception, can benefit from its rights.
In 2015, the United Nations signed the Agenda 2030 with 17 sustainable development goals (SDG), the most significant and ambitious sustainable development program established to this day.
The implementation of children rights strongly depends on the success of the SDG’s. This is why, since 2015, the Agenda 2030 has been an integral part of our awareness activities.
- Popularize the International Convention on the Rights of the Child and deepen the knowledge of different rights.
- Underline the stakes related to children rights and suggest solutions
- Demonstrate the interdependences between children rights and the SDG’s
- Emphasize the North-South interdependence
- Encourage critical thinking to create responsible and aware citizens
Our activities and events
We suggest various types of activities and events that allow us to reach different target audiences:
- School and extracurricular workshops for children, teenagers, and young adults
- Open to public events
- Ad hoc projects
- Advocacy activities
- Publication for children, the youth and adults
- An educational tool kit on the rights of the child for educators and teachers