Categories of personal data processed
In the course of its activities, SOS Villages d’Enfants Monde will process the following categories of personal data: identification data and personal characteristics (name, address, contact details), professional function and responsibilities, bank details, e-mail address, landline and/or mobile telephone number, donation history.
Legal basis and purposes of the processing of personal data
Processing necessary to comply with a legal obligation. SOS Villages d’Enfants Monde processes Personal Data for the purposes of bookkeeping, tax and duty reporting.
Processing necessary for the fulfilment of the legitimate interests of SOS Villages d’Enfants Monde.
In the context of this legal basis, SOS Villages d’Enfants Monde processes Personal Data
for the following purposes:
- Administration of the association’s donors and prospecting for new private donors (individuals or companies) as well as public donors.
- Prospecting on the basis of criteria defined within the departments of SOS Villages d’Enfants Monde.
- Personalization of letters and communication materials sent to donors.
- Administration of sponsors and provision of information on sponsored children or villages as well as a history of sponsorships allowing a thank you at key moments.
- Newsletters sent by the associations in the country of residence of the sponsors.
- Sending communication materials for fundraising purposes.
- Administration of donors according to specific criteria and for which we target our appeal for donations.
- Personalisation of letters and communication materials sent to donors.
- Administration of donors who have responded to a call for donations by people outside
- SOS to support a specific event such as a birthday, birth or death.
- The administration of donors who have purchased any of the products we sell either at stands, on the website or in response to forms sent by post.
- The management in any form of structured or unstructured information of contacts and public relations related to our association.
SOS Villages d’Enfants Monde will not use Personal Information for purposes other than those for which it was collected. Such Personal Data will not be stored for a longer period than is necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
For the purposes listed below, SOS Villages d’Enfants may disclose Personal Data to the following categories of recipients:
- other entities that are members of the SOS Children’s Villages International federation in the context of the sending of newsletters by associations in the country of residence of sponsors.
- any party that provides SOS Children’s Villages Monde with data processing services, professional services or management services, such as IT services, production of communication tools, as well as the outsourcing of certain services in execution of a subcontract;
- actual or potential suppliers and other business contacts in the normal course of SOS Children’s Villages Monde’s business; and
- any competent government, regulatory authority or other parties as required by law.
Where necessary for the purposes listed above, SOS Villages d’Enfants Monde may transfer Personal Data outside the European Economic Area to recipients in third countries whose data protection laws do not offer protection equivalent to that provided by the Data Protection Legislation.
SOS Villages d’Enfants Monde partners with Microsoft Clarity and Microsoft Advertising to capture how visitors use and interact with this website through behavioral metrics, heatmaps, and session replay to improve our user experience. Website usage data is captured using first and third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to determine the popularity of products/services and online activity. Additionally, we use this information for site optimization, fraud/security purposes, and advertising. Those data are anonymized. For more information about how Microsoft collects and uses your data, visit the Microsoft Privacy Statement.”
In the absence of an adequacy decision issued by the European Commission, such transfers will be based on appropriate safeguards such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission for transfers between two data controllers (Commission Decision of 15 June 2001 (2001/497/EC); Commission Decision of 24 December 2004 (2004/915/EC) amending Decision 2001/497/EC), or between a data controller and a data processor (Commission Decision of 5 February 2010 (2010/87/EU). The donor will be able to obtain a copy of the appropriate guarantees on request.
Donor’s rights regarding personal data
- to obtain free, timely and reasonable disclosure of the Personal Data processed and any information on the origin of the Personal Data;
- where appropriate, to have inaccurate or redundant Personal Data corrected or deleted;
- when the lawfulness of the processing or the accuracy of the Personal Data is challenged, or when the donor needs the Personal Data for the establishment, exercise or defence of his legal rights, he may obtain the restriction of the processing of the Personal Data;
- request data portability;
- The donor has the right to object free of charge to the processing of Personal Data if there are overriding reasons relating to his/her personal situation. Please note, however, that in the event of such an objection, SOS Children’s Villages Monde may be prevented from fulfilling all or part of its obligations arising from technical or legal constraints.
- The donor will not be subject to any automated individual decision.
All requests and concerns regarding the use of Personal Data should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org without prejudice to the right to lodge a complaint with the Luxembourg data protection authority, the Commission nationale pour la protection des données (CNPD)